PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Favorite Things Thursday-Valentine's Day is Coming!!

Well, it is officially February which means Valentine's Day is coming!!
Having a reason to make extra effort to show your loved ones you care about them is nice sometimes. I think it's a great time to not only tell your one-and-only how you feel about them, but it is also a great time to tell others that are close to you that you care! Sending sweet notes/cards/texts/little gifts to your sister/mom/dad/best friend may not always be the first thing on your mind every day, but having a reason to do that is fun, I think. 

In what ways are you spreading the love this Valentine's Day? I'd love to hear!

Welcome to our second My Favorite Things Thursday! 
I love finding fun things to share with you!! I am always so blown away by the creativity of those around me. Kudos to you all! Here are some of my favorites from this past week. Enjoy!
Mason Jar Gift Labels from Amber's Etsy Shop MudandTwigs
Skinny hearts, mason jars, contrast stitching, stitching on brown paper....what more could I ask for?! I absolutely LOVE these gift labels. 
Heart Paint Chips Pennant Banner by Holly at My Sister's Suitcase
I was so excited to find this sweet little blog this week!! How fun is this banner! And so easy, too!! You've got to go check out this blog. It's seriously cute. 
I thought these mugs were so fun and easy. I have some chalkboard wine glasses from Pier One that I love and I adore coffee and hearts so I mayyyy just have to make some of these for myself. And the fun part is you could make the heart in any color! 
I love the idea of Valentine chair pockets for a little family. Mr. Lovie might think it's weird if I whip some up for just me and him, but you better believe I have this great idea bookmarked (aka PINNED) for future use!! 
Fruit pizza is the yummiest, right? How yummy (and precious) do these sugar cookie fruit pizzas look?! So fun. 
I actually found this tutorial a couple weeks ago. I just love the look of this felt flower. The details are great and the fading pinks and ivory (just like a real peony) are so good. This tutorial is definitely a keeper.
And since today is Groundhog Day after all, I just had to share this yummy treat. How cute is that little groundhog?! This treat was a little too expensive to do with my entire kindergarten class, but I think we will do another version of this today with the kiddos that I will share with you later! 

Which brings me to my funny story via a sweet kindergarten student in my class. He comes in and says, "Ms. Watts, today's Beaver Day right?" Ha! I'd mentioned Groundhog Day the day before in calendar...he was confused. And being the evil teacher I am, I pretended like I didn't hear him just so I could giggle again when he said it the second time, this time even louder...to which I replied, "You mean Groundhog Day?! It's tomorrow." So cute. Had to share. 

Enjoy the day...Here's hoping the little "beaver" doesn't see his shadow!!

If you were featured, please grab a button!!


Miss Lovie Creations
Photobucket

4 comments:

Nat and Holly said...

Allie,
Thanks for featuring my heart banner! I am in love with your blog and that "beaver" story was too cute! I'm sure you get to hear funny things like that all the time :) Sometimes, I wonder what my son is telling his teacher... hmmm, maybe it's better not to know :) I'm so glad you showed us that felt flower tutorial... I've never seen one like that before. It's beautiful! Have a great day!

Special 'K' said...

Thank you ever so much for sharing these treasures. I love the chalk board mug. This is my first visit to your special space, I will follow on my way out as I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you,I hope you will find the some time to come visit me some time. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Anonymous said...

Hi Allie! Thank you so much for featuring my pink felt peony! I'm a little shy about my blog, so it was a very pleasant surprise to see it here! It also let me discover your blog :) count me as you newest follower
- Sara

lena said...

hello! this is the real lena letting you know that hopes and seams is actually a talented lady named sara =).
i just really like her stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad